- Rights Respecting Delegates
Our Rights Respecting Delegates are a group of pupils from Year 1 to Year 6. Two children represent their year group, forming a council of 12 children plus the Rights Respecting coordinator Angela Dorman. The group meet every Wednesday afternoon at 2.55pm.
The group's main purpose is to provide pupil voice across the school. Our delegates work alongside the school's leadership team in supporting aspects of the School Development Plan. This will involve:
- Taking the lead in developing and delivering the school’s Rights Respecting action plan.
- Ensuring that the whole school is aware of the Rights Respecting Schools Award.
- Providing a link between children and young people, teachers, senior management team, governors and the whole school community.
- Regularly feedback to the school community about progress, including to the SMT, governors, staff and parents.
- Eco Team
The Eco Team meet weekly and work on different environmental projects to improve the school and local area. They are responsible for sharing information with their classes. Some of the projects that the 2022/2023 Eco Team took part in were planting trees donated by the Woodland Trust in honour of the King’s coronation, planting wildflower seed to attract pollinators to our Edible Playground, working with Hackney Council to conduct a waste audit of our school and implementing ways to reduce our overall waste, teaming up with Hackney Council and the Chewing Gum Task force to
improve the appearance of the surrounding area.
- Sustainability Champs
The sustainability Champs are promoting our Sustainability Mission: To meet our needs without hurting the world. They have received their initial training during a visit to King Henry's Garden, a local urban garden where The Garden Classroom are based. Together they identified five key problems we all need to address. These were: