Welcome to London Field’s School Council Page.
This year our main focus is going to be children’s attitudes towards their learning and towards each other. To do this we are going to be focussing on these main aspects of school life this year:
- We are going to be looking at how good body language, and effort with our books, alongside our school’s learning dispositions helps us to become good learners. School Council implemented a Presentation Policy two years ago and it is our job this year to ensure everyone is following that policy.
- Promoting the value of being ‘Heroic’ and how important it is for us all to respect each other. We must also feel respected by the adults who work at our school and show them respect in return. We are going to be developing our schools ethos that we can all be heroes with everyday acts of heroism
- Working towards ensuring everyone plays cooperatively on the playground, following the rules for our games and everyone having somebody to play with. To achieve this we will be continuing our work from last year enacting a ‘Playground Policy’. It will be our job this year to embed the ideas and aims of this policy into our playground behaviours.
School Council meet once a week to shares ideas on how we could improve the school and to take the lead on a range of events and campaigns across the school.
What kind of person makes a good school councillor?
• Good listener – everyone in the class has to feel comfortable talking to you
• Organised – it will be your responsibility to make sure meetings happen in your class on a regular basis
• Assertive – the opinions of your class are just as important as everyone else’s
• Efficient – class discussions must cover a lot of issues in a short space of time
• Fair – everyone has the right to express a point of view
• Good communicator – you need to be able to work with staff and students from across the school, and also visitors to the school might want to talk to you